During April 2021, Scranton took center-stage on the Pennsylvania Cable Network. As part of PCN’s regularly-occurring feature, Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood, this series delves into the city’s rich history and what makes it a vibrant place to live today.
Dubbed the “Electric City” following the introduction of electric lights and streetcars, viewers will gain insight into Scranton’s past, including the anthracite coal mining heritage, technological advancements, and architectural gems that remain today. Viewers can learn about Scranton’s cultural traditions with programs featuring the city’s annual Italian and Fringe Festivals. Architectural tours tell the stories behind the monuments and buildings that line the streets- including a few haunts now made famous by “The Office.” Other highlights include:
- Special bite-sized editions of Keystone Cuisine, displaying the city’s restaurants
- PCN Profiles of famous residents, including Olympic Figure Skater, Adam Rippon, and former NFL Quarterback Matt McGloin
- A look at the political figures and policy issues driving the region, including an interview with US Sen. Bob Casey and a panel discussion with the academic community at the University of Scranton
- Special episodes of It’s History, featuring the Steamtown National Historic Site, Scranton Iron Furnaces, and the Watress Armory
Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood: Scranton is now available on demand.
Programs Available to Watch or Purchase from Scranton:
PCN Profiles: Adam Rippon, Olympic Figure Skater
It's History!: Anthracite Heritage Museum
WVIA's Keystone Edition: Business
On The Issues: US Senator Bob Casey Jr.
PCN Tours: Scranton Army Ammunition Plant
On The Issues: Paige Cognetti, Mayor of Scranton
Pine Brook to the White House: A Look Back at Joe Biden's Roots
WVIA's Keystone Edition: Reports
Scranton Trivia Contest
The contest is now closed. Thanks to all who participated!
Scranton Trivia Answers
Trivia Question 1 - What popular TV program used footage of Scranton and referenced actual locations in the city?
A. The Office
Trivia Question 2 - What national historic site in Scranton houses locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, and maintenance equipment from past railroads?
A. Steamtown National Historic Site
Trivia Question 3 - What U.S. President calls Scranton their hometown?
A. President Joseph Biden
Trivia Question 4 - What famous magician has a dedicated museum filled with memorabilia and artifacts in Scranton?
A. Harry Houdini
Trivia Question 5 - What is the name of the baseball club that currently plays at PNC Field in Scranton?
Insulated Cooler Tote Bag
- The large insulated tote bag is made of 600 denier polyester with PVC backing and 4mm EPE foam with PEVA lining.
- It features a large zippered main compartment, front black pocket with mesh accent panels, a hook and loop fastener closure, and reinforced 26" long x 1.5" W polyester web handles.
- Holds up to 33 lbs.
- Approx. 22" W x 10.25" H
- Holds approx. 30 cans
- 16 oz.
- Matte, white finish
- Cobalt blue interior
- PCN Pennsylvania's Neighborhood logo on both sides.
ON DEMAND - Pennsylvania's Neighborhood: Scranton - History & Culture
ON DEMAND - Pennsylvania's Neighborhood: Scranton - Sports
ON DEMAND - Pennsylvania's Neighborhood: Scranton - Politics & Policy
Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood: Scranton (History and Culture Vol 2)$25.00 – $30.00 Select options
Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood: Scranton (History and Culture Vol. 1)$25.00 – $30.00 Select options
Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood: Scranton (Politics and Policy)$25.00 – $30.00 Select options
Pennsylvania’s Neighborhood: Scranton (Sports)$25.00 – $30.00 Select options
Want to be part of your showcased community? Place an ad during Pennsylvania's Neighborhood!