Pennsylvania elected 31 new members to the state legislature.
We had the opportunity to talk with these Freshman Lawmakers to learn more about them and their districts, their interest in politics, and their top priorities as they begin their first terms in public office. Watch one-on-one interviews with newly elected members following their LIVE Swearing-in Ceremony. Tune in on cable and the PCN app.
The Freshman Lawmaker interviews will be available on demand for FREE after they air.
Out of 31 new members to the General Assembly, 13 are women.
In the Senate, two of the five new members are women bringing the total number of women in the senate to 14.
Nikil Saval is the first South Asian man elected to the PA Senate.
Two former House members have joined the Senate.
In the House, out of 25 new members:
14 are Republicans and 11 are democrats.
11 are women (5 Republicans and 6 Democrats).
5 are veterans.
Three Democratic seats, including the seat of former Speaker Frank Dermody, were flipped making the House 112 Republicans and 90 Democrats.
Jessica Behman is the first openly bisexual and autistic woman elected to the PA General Assembly.
Get to know the new faces in your district!
In alphabetical order by county & name:
- Jessica Benham (D) District 20, Allegheny
- Emily Kinkead (D) District 36, Allegheny
- Rob Mercuri (R) District 28, Allegheny
- Nick Pisciottano (D) District 38, Allegheny
- Jason Silvis (R) District 55, Allegheny/Indiana/Westmoreland
- Carrie Lewis DelRosso (R) District 33, Allegheny/Westmoreland
- Devlin Robinson (R) District 37, Allegheny/Washington
- Manuel Guzman (D) District 127, Berks
- Shelby Labs (R) District 143, Bucks
- Diane Herrin (D) District 156, Chester
- Craig Williams (R) District 160, Chester/Delaware
- Mike Armanini (R) District 75, Clearfield/Elk
- Perry Stambaugh (R) District 86, Cumberland/Perry
- Joseph Kerwin (R) Distrct 125, Dauphin/Schuylkill
- Brian Smith (R) District 66, Indiana/Jefferson
- Milou Mackenzie (R) District 131, Lehigh/Montogomery/Northampton
- Joseph Hamm (R) District 84, Lycoming/Elk
- Napoleon Nelson (R) District 154, Montgomery
- Tracy Pennycuick (R) District 147, Montgomery
- Nancy Guenst (D) District 152, Montogmery/Philadelphia
- Ann Flood (R) District 138, Northampton
- Amen Brown (D) District 190, Philadelphia
- Rick Krajewski (D) District 188, Philadelphia
- Darisha Parker (D) District 195, Philadelphia
- Regina Young (D) District 185, Philadelphia/Delaware
- Timothy Twardzik (R) District 123, Schuylkill
- Amanda Cappelletti (D) District 17-Delaware/Montgomery
- Carolyn Commita (D) District 19-Chester
- Cris Dush (R) District 25-Clearfield/Elk
- John Kane (D) District 9-Chester/Delaware
- Nikil Saval (D) District 1-Philadelphia
See the new legislators in action :
This Week: PA highlights the most current events happening throughout the Commonwealth, breaking down the weekly run-down of top events, bills, news, and news-makers.
PCN Call-In Program is an hour-long interactive show that allows PCN viewers to speak directly with government officials, newsmakers, and other experts on current Commonwealth topics.
On The Issues is a thirty-minute, unedited, one-on-one interview program with people who influence public policy in Pennsylvania and gives a deeper understanding of topics being debated by lawmakers.
Coronavirus Impact is a FREE thirty-minute program that updates viewers on the deeper impacts of the novel Coronavirus update on various aspects of life and industries in Pennsylvania.