PCN website playback issues can be caused by many factors. By troubleshooting your internet or device connection, you may be able to play your videos again.
- If you have many browser tabs open, try to close most of them except for the one you're using
- Restart your browser
- Restart your router
- Restart your computer
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Use Google Chrome to access the internet
The quality of your home or cellular network can strongly affect how smoothly videos will play. To play videos on PCN's website, you need an internet or cellular connection with a download speed of 500+ Kbps. To play HD video, you need an internet or cellular connection with a download speed of at least 7 megabits per second (Mbps). To find out if your Internet Service Provider is HD Verified, visit the Video Quality Report.
To find out how fast your download speed is, visit Google.com and search for "Internet Speed Test", then click or touch "Run Speed Test."
Once you know how fast your internet is, use the chart below to find out what you can expect from streaming video:
What you can do
- 100 Mbps + | Stream 4K video at a high framerate.
- 50 Mbps + | Reliably stream HD videos at high framerate on multiple devices at the same time.
- 25 Mbps +| Reliably stream HD videos on multiple devices at the same time.
- 13 Mbps + | Stream a few HD videos at once.
- 7 Mbps + | Stream one HD video. If multiple devices are streaming videos or using the network at the same time, you may run into some buffering issues.
- 3 Mbps + | Stream a standard definition video on one device.
- Under 3 Mbps | Videos may load slowly or rebuffer.
If your download speed meets requirements, but you are still experiencing playback issues, check the Brightcove troubleshooting steps below for more information.
PCN utilizes Brightcove as our video host provider. If you need help getting your videos to play correctly, Brightcove Support is available to help. Please check the latest version of their Brightcove Player Troubleshooting Guide to identify and potentially solve your issue.