The “Voices of Veterans” series is a tribute to the men and women who bravely served our country. Each Veteran's Day we feature candid interviews with veterans from across the state.
While our award-winning “World War: In Their Own Words” series concentrated on the personal wartime experiences of veterans serving during World War II, “Voices of Veterans” expands to include oral histories from the Korean War, the Cold War, the Vietnam War, Operation Desert Storm and Desert Shield and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Veterans Day Weekend 2017 - Featured Veterans
- Sal Castro, from Levittown, a corporal in the U.S. Army during WWII
- Bob Chavous, from Lititz, a sergeant in the U.S. Army during Vietnam
- Bruce Deisinger, from Smoketown, a specialist 5 in the U.S. Army during Vietnam
- Bill Fili, from West Grove, a sergeant and pilot in the U.S. Army Air Corps during WWII
- Mike Gagnon, from Camp Hill, a Petty Officer Third Class in the U. S. Navy during Vietnam
- Ed Gardner, from Carlisle, a corporal in the U.S. Army during WWII
- Don Greenbaum, from Bala Cynwyd, a sergeant in the U.S. Army during WWII
- Bill Gorden, from Reading, a lieutenant in the U.S. Navy during WWII
- Floyd Hauth, from Osceola Mills, a colonel in the U.S. Air Force during the Cold War and Vietnam
- Ron Horn, from Lancaster, a Boatswain's Mate in the U. S. Navy during Vietnam
- Ben Jenkins, from Dillsburg, a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army Air Corps during WWII
- Samuel "Chuck" Kline, from Harrisburg, a Petty Officer 3rd Class in the U. S. Navy during WWII
- James Rice, from Osceola Mills, a specialist 5 in the U.S. Army during Vietnam
- Bob Ruble, from Millersville, a Master Chief in U.S. Navy during Vietnam
Since 2002, PCN has gathered more than 300 interviews with veterans from all branches of service. For historic preservation and education use, we have donated a majority of the interviews to the National Veterans’ History Project in Washington, D.C.
We are always looking for veterans to share their stories on “Voices of Veterans.” If you would like to be featured on the show, or know someone who might like to share their story, please email Todd Abele. When contacting us, please include contact information such as phone number, email address and street address so that we can get call to schedule an interview.