The John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion in Harrisburg is named for two of its owners. John Harris, Jr. was the son of the man for whom Harrisburg is named. He built the house in 1766 along the Susquehanna River. Simon Cameron was a long-time U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania and later served as Secretary of War and Minister to Russia during the Civil War. He bought the house during the Civil War and lived there until his death in 1889. Come along with It’s History! on a tour of one of Harrisburg’s oldest mansions.