JOB TITLE: Web Content/Operations Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
GENERAL FUNCTION: To understand and utilize equipment and software related to video files and internet streams on PCN’s website and other devices/systems. Prefer applicant be HTML and Java literate. Must be able to multi-task and have a strong skill set for organization, detail, and consistency. Must be proficient and proactive in regards to detecting, troubleshooting, and solving problems. Operate equipment in Studio Control/Studios, Master Control, and the Tape Room. Work in cooperation with other departments to carry out company initiatives.
- Maintain a high standard of quality and technical excellence to create and air the best audio and video product.
- Manage streaming media across all platforms.
- Coordinate streaming events and video feeds on a daily basis.
- Add and remove links for all devices.
- Update important viewer information on all devices such as start times and event titles.
- Maintain uploads to social media.
- Upload and assist in keeping PCN’s FTP site up to date.
- Prepare and link closed caption data files with corresponding video files.
- Assist with and act as a back-up for marketing to create web offerings.
- Research and offer suggestions to improve methods and/or software regarding media file creation, uploading, streaming, and migration.
- Master Control – follow on-air guidelines, rotate interstitials, log sponsors, update traffic sheet, air events at scheduled time, and monitor signal quality.
- Tape Room – keep track of day’s schedule and assignments, automation, routing, streaming, uploading, and monitors signal quality.
- Technically proficient at non-linear editing. Edit as needed or assigned.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules. Schedule is usually daytime Monday through Friday, but is subject to change depending on the needs of the Department.
- May be assigned a PCN cell phone to be “on call” for potential website or on-air problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Media, Television Production, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, databases, website coding, media management software, and computer workflow.
- Strong organizational, grammatical, writing and spelling skills.
- Understanding of company programming and philosophy.
- Demonstrated technical operation decision-making experience.
- Ability to work as a team member within strict time constraints.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
Last Date Updated: 2/13/19