JOB TITLE: Operations Technician
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
GENERAL FUNCTION: To understand and utilize the equipment in the Operations Department: Master Control, Tape Room, Studio Control, Studios, Duplication, Edit Bays, and Tape Library/Media Archive. Emphasis is mostly on Master Control and Tape Room duties with additional projects as assigned. Must be able to multi-task and have an aptitude for details. Work in cooperation with other departments to carry out company initiatives.
- Maintain a high standard of quality control and technical excellence to create and air the best audio and video product.
- Master Control – follow on-air guidelines, rotate interstitials, log sponsors, update traffic sheet, air events at the scheduled time, and monitor signal quality.
- Tape Room – keep track of day’s schedule and assignments, automation, routing, streaming, uploading, and monitor signal quality.
- Studios/Studio Control – Technically proficient at studio crew positions: cameras, audio, floor, phones.
- Technically proficient at both linear and non-linear editing. Edit as needed or assigned.
- Super programming off-air.
- Tape Library – File and return media to the correct shelves and sections in the library
- Duplication – complete dub requests in a timely manner
- Flexibility to work varied schedules. Schedule is a rotation or static shift of day, evening, and weekends and is subject to change depending on the needs of the Department.
- Depending on the shift, will be assigned a PCN cell phone to be “on-call” for potential on-air problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Media, Television Production, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of company programming and philosophy.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational, grammatical, writing, and spelling skills.
- Demonstrated technical operation decision-making experience.
- Ability to work as a team member within strict time constraints.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, databases, and the internet.
Master Control, Digital Media Development, Studio Productions. Varying hours including nights and weekends. Full-time and part-time available.
Send resume to: HR@pcntv.com or Shawn McLain, PCN, 401 Fallowfield Road, Camp Hill, PA 17011