JOB TITLE: Engineer
To support the requirements of the Engineering Department related to all technical rooms, vehicles, and systems within the facility which functions 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Oversee and/or work on special projects as assigned. Must be able to multi-task and have an aptitude for details. Work in cooperation with other departments to carry out company initiatives.
- Maintains a high standard of quality control and technical excellence.
- Monitors signals and responds to problems immediately, such as:
- PCN network transmission - assists cable systems and viewers with reception issues.
- Incoming fiber, satellite, microwave, and internet.
- Website streaming video channels.
- Production Truck (Operates) – Stays current on the operation of all systems and procedures necessary to act as Engineer In Charge (EIC) during remote events.
- Transmission Truck (Operates) – Stays current on the operation of all systems and procedures necessary to act as Engineer In Charge (EIC) during remote events.
- Follows Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Equipment Maintenance
- Performs periodic maintenance as required. This includes software upgrades, equipment cleaning, visual inspections, and various system monitoring methods.
- Work Requests and Repair Forms – responds in a timely manner and documents work.
- Updates wiring diagrams as systems change.
- New Equipment and Technologies
- Researches and tests new technologies - investigates new systems, techniques, and equipment including broadcast and internet.
- Participates in educational training opportunities to improve understanding of existing and future technologies.
- Emergency Procedures – is prepared to implement and offers suggestions for improving the plan.
- Building Maintenance – performs basic light maintenance as needed.
- Builds and maintains a network of business contacts, including local broadcasters, vendors, and media professionals.
- Flexibility to work over-time and varied schedules. Typical schedule is Monday through Friday and may include nights and weekends as needed. Schedule is subject to change depending on needs of the Department.
- Assigned a PCN cell phone. Must be “on call” to support staff and solved technical problems as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Television Production, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Five to ten years related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, wiring, trouble-shooting and repairing equipment.
- Good understanding of signal flow and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Strong organizational, grammatical, writing and spelling skills.
- Demonstrated technical operation decision-making experience.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
- Ability to work as a team member within strict time constraints.
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com