The Pennsylvania Cable Network has the following positions available:
JOB TITLE: Operations Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
GENERAL FUNCTION: To understand and utilize equipment in the Operations Department:
Master Control, Tape Room, Studio Control, Studios, Duplication, Edit Bays, and Tape Library/Media Archive.
This is an entry level position with an emphasis mostly on Master Control and Tape Room duties.
Must be able to multi-task and have an aptitude for details.
Work in cooperation with other departments to carry out company initiatives.
• Maintain a high standard of quality control and technical excellence to create and air the best audio and video product.
• Master Control – follow on-air guidelines, rotate interstitials, log sponsors, update traffic sheet, air events at scheduled time, and monitor signal quality.
• Tape Room – keep track of day’s schedule and assignments, automation, routing, streaming, uploading, and monitor signal quality.
• Studios/Studio Control – Technically proficient at studio crew positions: cameras, audio, floor, phones.
• Duplication – complete dub requests in a timely manner
• Super programming off-air.
• Tape Library – File and return media to the correct shelves and sections in the library
• Technically proficient at both linear and non-linear editing. Edit as needed or assigned.
• Flexibility to work varied schedules. Schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday evening shift, subject to change depending on needs of the Department.
• Depending on shift, will be assigned a PCN cell phone to be “on call” for potential on-air problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Media, Television Production or equivalent experience.
• Good communications skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong organizational, grammatical, writing and spelling skills.
• Demonstrated technical operation decision-making experience.
• Ability to work as a team member within strict time constraints.
• Ability to maintain accurate records and consistently perform in a highly detailed environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers, databases, and the Internet.
Submit resume to email@example.com. Resumes must be submitted by Monday, July 7, 2014.
POSITION: Studio Crew Technician – Occasional Part Time
RESUME TO: HR – Operations
401 Fallowfield Road, Camp Hill, PA 17011
JOB DESCRIPTION: PCN is accepting resumes for Studio and Studio Control Crew Positions – camera/audio/floor directing for live and taped productions. College graduate in communications or appropriate training.
Hours and days vary depending on need.
We’re always looking for talent to fulfill our internship positions!
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org